Welcome to Three Shires Medical Practice
NEW - Contacting us about a medical or administrative issue *
You can contact us about a medical or administrative issue by clicking here. It can help you to see the right person for treatment, and could save you a trip to the practice if we can answer questions by phone, video call, or email. Answer a few short questions and we will get back to you as soon as we can within 2 working days.
*Please not use this for urgent medical problems or requests, or for Medication Requests, Booking Flu appointments (use NHS app / Patient Access see below)
Flu Vaccinations - Notice (28.9.2020)
- This year flu vaccinations will be delivered on Saturdays 10th, 17th and 24th October from our largest site, Pucklechurch Surgery, see map below for directions.
- We are operating a walk through service in a marquee in the rear car park- details on the invitation letter.
- Patients in at-risk groups will get an invitation by a barcoded letter. You must bring this on the day as an entry ticket.
- Once you have received your letter you can go ahead and book an appointment either via Patient Access /
- Vaccinations will be by appointment only, and appointment slots will be released online and by phone during September.
- Patients who are housebound will have flu vaccinations first, and will be contacted separately.
At present, patients between 50 and 65 will NOT be in the first wave of vaccinations, and the government is currently organising provision for this group.
This plan is to avoid crowds and enable social distancing.
We do appreciate that this will inconvenience some -but makes delivery at scale possible, ensuring social distancing can be maintained.
Dr Richard Greenway
Flu Vaccination Clinics- further information
- Please don't arrive early - we would prefer you to be on time or a little late, you will get a flu vaccination
- Wear and mask or face covering, which is required for attending healthcare appointments
- Volunteer parking marshals will be available from the Patient Participation Group to assist with parking
- Additional parking will be available in the Trading Estate and in the Village Hall. Please don't block the driveways of our neighbours
- Blue Badge holders -please make yourself known to marshals as special arrangements are in place for disabled patients
Directions to Pucklechurch Surgery
Practice Operations- Coronavirus
We are committed at this time to continuing to keep our services running. Like other Primary Care services all requests for appointments will be triaged by phone, sms or video. This is to protect you, vulnerable patients, our staff and to limit the spread of Coronavirus.
Face Coverings -we are now asking all patients visiting the surgery to wear face coverings which can be home made. This is to protect NHS staff and other patients
We are dispensing medication as normal for our patients. We will give normal quantities of repeat medications, 1 month supply.
Wherever possible, order medication online. New users can now register using the NHS app without visiting us (see below)
People who are well, or their representatives can pick up medicines as normal from our receptions which remain open, except for cleaning see below.
- Our front doors will be closed for cleaning from 1.00 to 1.30pm daily, and we reserve the right to do this at points throughout the day should the need arise, or footfall increase. Our phone lines remain open throughout as normal. (10.6.20)
Our PPG group have been working hard behind the scenes and have now put in place a volunteer group to help support those in need, this includes delivering medications which will be great asset to the practice and community. If you do require help please contact your Surgery and the reception team can take your details and pass those on so that the support can be set up for you.
Thank you for your understanding at this difficult time.
Practice Manager Latest update 29.8.2020
Daily updates on Coronavirus are available on the nhs.uk website HERE
Privacy Notice -Changes to uses of data and privacy due to Covid-19 situation 1.6.2020
Like all NHS organisations, we have had to make changes (imposed nationally) to how your health data is handled This included emergency powers to use data (such as phone numbers, and existing health condition) for contacting patients, local planning and research. Covid-19 Privacy Statement
the NHS App
If you are not already registered online with us, we are strongly recommending using the NHS App.
This checks your identity against government databases, and you can get online very quickly without coming to the surgery.
HOW? From your smartphone, go onto the App Store or Google Play store -search for NHS app
or from a Web Browser go to https://www.nhsapp.service.nhs.uk/
Ordering medication this way saves us time, improves accuracy and saves journeys and movement of people.
You can also use to get health advice.
If you are a dispensing patient, and get medicines from the surgery you do not need to / will not be able to register a nominated pharmacy (and it won't alter things if you do). If you normally pick medicines up from a Pharmacy - you can nominate it in the App.
Click HERE for info on NHS App
Please click on the Patient Access button below
Patient Participation Group (PPG)
Click on the "Have your say" section (top right) to get to PPG pages
If you are looking for information available to you as a Carer please visit the Carers Support Centre .
Social Prescribing Comes to Three Shires
To find out how the Social Prescribing Team can support you please read these information guides Information Sheet Leaflet
Really Well Being Guide 2020 - Boosting the immunity in our community - Dr B's one week challenge
Download this guide for tips and pointers to get through the lockdown whilst improving your mental and physical health from Dr Bhatia
We would like to hear your feedback! CLICK HERE
We will be submitting monthly returns of your feedback. This could be from patients, families or visitors to our surgeries.
We are working together with other local practices to offer more appointments in the early mornings, evenings or at weekends. Please contact your Surgery if you require more information.
Asthma Check Overdue?
Please click HERE for review questionnaire
We are a group practice with four surgeries in the villages of Colerne, Marshfield, Pucklechurch and Wick. We serve a large area of around 100 square miles. Each of our surgeries has a full compliment of staff, with onsite dispensary.
For opening times and Information about your surgery please click on your surgery name above.
At some surgeries you may be asked if you can travel to one of our other surgeries for some services, due to space constraints.
(Site updated 28/09/2020)